Ever wonder how people seem to know all the right tricks to get stains out of rugs, or the oil spot out of shirt? This area is loaded with all kinds of tips to help you get everything sparkling clean!
Removing Mildew Stains
- Wash down surface covered with mildew.
- Then add one part bleach to 10 parts water solution.
- Re-wet the surface with this mixture, and let stand for 5-10 minutes (depending on the severity of the stain)
- Wipe clean.
- Rinse with clear water.
- TIP/WARNING: NEVER EVER mix bleach and ammonia (Or any Ammonia based cleaner such as Windex,) together as they create a toxic gas. Make sure any time you use bleach or ammonia, you have plenty of ventilation (open a window, door, run a fan)
Removing Oil Stains From Clothes
Get an oil smear on your clothes, and can’t get it out? Try the ole faithful WD40. Lightly spray a little WD40 on the stain (both sides), and then let it set for about 10 minutes before washing. Stains come right out.
WARNING: DO NOT overspray the stain. Just a light mist on the stain is enough.
Removing Ink Stains From Objects
Spray ink stains with Hair Spray. Then wash off and rinse. Stains come right out.
Removing Blood Stains Out Of Rugs
Got a nasty rug stain that you can’t get out? Try this technique:
- Get some crushed ice, and set it on the stain.
- Let the ice set firmly on the stained area for 2-3 minutes.
- Then take the ice and press it down into the stain working the ice back and forth over the stained area.
- Then use a washcloth to soak up the stain, and rinse.
- Repeat until stain is completely gone.